Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

It's Been Awhile.....

There is a song that talks about how long it has been "since I last saw you". In this case it has been awhile since I last wrote on this blog. The last time I wrote I lived in Cleveland, OH and worked for Cleveland Clinic, the NBA still "existed", Penn State had an 80-some-odd year-old coach, and life wasn't quite so crazy.

Well, here I am now providing a brief update of my life now. I have been thinking a lot about the blog and actually have some notes of things I want to write about....will do so later (famous words). For now, I just wanted to let you know what I was up to. I left Cleveland Clinic (CCF) in November of 2010 to return to Intermountain Healthcare in Utah (my home state). I loved CCF and miss the people, the organization, the projects, the neighborhood, the church ward, and all that was there, BUT I also love where I am now.

When I returned I was hired by Intermountain Medical Group (IMG) as Regional Assistant Operations Director for the Urban South Region and Central Rural Region. There are over 1,200 providers that belong to IMG and in our two regions we supported about 150 of them...possibly more. We supported all the physicians/providers employed by Intermountain in Utah County, Park City/Heber, Sanpete County, Richfield and Fillmore. I worked with wonderful people (colleagues, managers, providers, and staff). I was with the Medical Group for about 9 months and THEN transitioned to a new position.

The position I now hold is the Assistant Administrator/Operations Officer for American Fork Hospital, an Intermountain Healthcare facility. This position was previously held by a wonderful friend and close colleague, Kevin Brooks. He took a new position in Montana as VP of Operations for Benefis Healthcare. The transition was not at all expected and I was very happy in the Medical Group, BUT in the long-run I knew I wanted to be in the hospitals as a leader. I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity I have to be at American Fork Hospital. I support multiple areas, including; Surgical Services, Laboratory/Pathology, Imaging Services, Dietary, Environmental Services, Engineering, Plant Operations, Clinical Engineering (regionally), Sleep Services (regionally), Respiratory Care, PT/OT, Central Processing, Materials Management, and Physician Recruitment and Strategy (regionally). I am happy to be able to continuously grow in this position and I'm excited for the future of this hospital and the Urban South Region. Currently at American Fork Hospital we are planning for a $44-million expansion of our Operating Rooms, Emergency Department, Central Processing, and most likely some Education space. I am in charge of this expansion and look forward to seeing the final results in Q1 of 2014.

Well, that is all the time I have for now. I hope to post again soon!

No comments: